Featured Post

A Rememberance

How do we live every day without you? How do we not miss you?  Why have you gone so far that our voice won't reach you?  Why did ...

Thursday, August 4, 2011

For the spirit of Game

YesterdayI met Dhoni at a bar. No, I am not kidding, I am serious. He looked a bit worn out and drunken too. His head was down, shoulders drooped (as the dear commentators have called " bad body language" ).I for the first time in past two days had pity for him. I went and took a seat beside him and said I, "It happens mate, it's  Ok."

He looked at me and said, " Why doesn't Hermoine understand, the series is at stake, I have no time for shopping." I was flabbergasted, I looked at the bartender who was busy cleaning glasses said,"he means Shweta, his wife."  Bartender continued, "he was invited to a special screening of Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows II, tonight". I looked at Dhoni, sympathetically and decided to leave him alone.

 "Do you know how much Dumbledore is hurt? People are questioning his 22 years of service to Hogwarts. He is my hero !!! "

 I looked at bartender again and he responded while placing bottles on the shelf, "he means Sachin."
" I understood that." and added with visible incredulity in my voice "But, Hogwarts? "
"He meant cricket", said the bartender.


"I wrote to  Voldemort..." continued Dhoni, He was mumbling a lot I tried to catch as much as possible.

 This time, Bartender looked around cautiously and then  whispered in my ears, "he means Sharad uncle"

"We will not play any IPL matches in future. Indian team as a whole will boycott next IPL, in fact, I pronounce it as dark magic and it must not be practised. It has drained us all, all of us are tired and injured," said Dhoni, loudly. But only me and the Bartender were his only audience.
"Yeah, Anyways it's not earning much,"  said I.


He had not heard me and continued," the wands losing the power, no ones able create more magic."
"What if  Voldemort doesn't listen? Will you fight him, like Harry Potter?"

He looked at me, then frowned a bit, "where is Ron? I must find him, I had him asked to get a "Bagwati" for Hermoine."

 I looked at bartender again and he said he was binge watching "Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara before Harry Potter and that's when he sent Ron to a shop I mean Raina ...no  I think it was Yuvi ..." and then added, "There were two three Rons who ran to the door, actually."

 I smiled at bartender but Dhoni was out of the door, outside the pub with his wand, oops I mean his Bat.

"I wonder what was he drinking?
"
"A cocktail mix of  'Zindagi main kuch karna hai to large chodo, kuch alag karo yaar and make it large'," and winked at me.

5 comments:

  1. Good one ...innovative

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very imaginative...second reading reqd :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only one thing to say ..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i actually believed u for first 2 lines :p . keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Gaurav.... I am glad you liked it
    @Yogita - Thanks
    @Drizzling Thoughts -Thank you !!!

    ReplyDelete